Al Coates MBE
I'm a qualified Social Worker, Practice Educator and an Advanced Non Violent Resistance Practitioner. I've co published several books and reports on the issue of Childhood Challenging Violent & Aggressive Behaviour and has worked and trained parents, adopters, kinship carers, education providers, police forces, youth justice, social workers and health professions. I'm a key note speaker and have delivered training in the UK, North America, Africa and Europe. I work with BASW and the DfE and I am the founder and co host of The Adoption & Fostering Podcast. I am also a former foster carer a parent to six adopted children.
Childhood Challenging Aggression and Behaviour training dates across the Summer for parents/carers and professionals can be found here.
- Non Violent Resistance (NVR) informed parenting
- NVR in schools and education
- Managing childhood challenging violent and aggressive behaviour
- Developing and supporting resilience in children
- Parent/carer resilience
- Professional resilience
- Impacts and risks of Adverse Childhood Adversity
- Chronic Loss/Grief and supporting children
- Impacts of Trauma, Loss and Separation on children